free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 2 September 2013

H is for HELP!

This is true: I have conned my preteen daughter into liking the Beatles because *I* like the Beatles. Even though I have lots of their albums on CD, I bought for her that #1 collection - one of the best selling albums of the first decade of the 21st century - so if she lost it, I would not mind as much. And now that she's grounded in the hits, I've gotten a CD burner to make copies of other albums I have.

One of her favorite songs is the title song of one of her favorite albums, and the title of the group's second movie, HELP!

She even knows most of the lyrics:

When I was younger, so much younger than today
I never needed anybody's help in any way
But now these days are gone I'm not so self-assured
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me?

And now my life has changed in oh so many ways
My independence seems to vanish in the haze
But every now and then I feel so insecure
I know that I just need you like I've never done before

Here's a live version:

John needs a little help with the lyrics in a couple places!

As administrator of ABC Wednesday, I need HELP visiting all of the participants and writing the introductions. Thank goodness for our mighty team. Also, I can use the HELP of all the participants in spreading the word about this blog, because we "do appreciate you being 'round." If YOU would like to HELP us, if you can, please e-mail me at ROGEROGREEN (at) GMAIL (dot) COM



18 comments:

  1. Awesome intro, Roger! You can count on me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely intro.... And that songs a favourite with me too...in fact most of Beatles songs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking this photo and video,I rememberd the days when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this great song!the Beatles were the first group I liked! And I have also a couple of records of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice for H. My daughter grew up singing along with me to the Beatles albums.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Beatles for the same reason. They are my moms favorite. Help! is and has always been my very favorite song of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the song 'Help" being sung by a female. Exactly the same lyrics. I never knew about this 'Help' by the Beatles. Glad to learn something new again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is full of wonderful memories , thank you!
    Also thank you for spending time and energy making sure ABC Wednesday continues every week...you are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In many ways the Beattles' music was symbolic for changes in the times. How innocent and moderate do they look in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favourite albums. Good choice for H.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I submitted my first attempt in ABC Wednesday. If there are errors (i am sure there are) please highlight them
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kids "discovered" the Beatles on their own when they were about 13 (and were suitably impressed when they found out that I knew the lyrics to pretty much every one of their songs!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Beatles music became popular in India too. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that Beetles' song too. Help, it may take me a while to go to sleep, because it's now stuck in my head. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Roger, sorry I am not a fan of Beetles having grown up on Hindi Bollywood songs, but when I heard this song I really liked the words so thanks for sharing. Would love to help. Will email you too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Beetles was very popular when i was expats Katanga, a good group ! Now much people learn again.

    ReplyDelete